How to Prioritize Physical Health During Social Distancing
Even basic concepts of staying healthy “eat well and exercise” can be challenged by this new normal. Keep your physical health in check by doing the following:
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast. Give yourself enough time in the morning to nourish your body before diving into the workday.
- Move your body once per day. A short walk or other physical activity to increase your heart rate coupled with frequent stretching breaks throughout the day will help you to avoid becoming sedentary.
- Prepare and package your lunch ahead of time to ensure that you don’t get too busy for a proper mid-day meal. A dozen snacks does not equal a lunch, neither does a coffee!
- Protect your eyes! Follow the 20/20/20 rule for screen use – every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Feeling sick? If your body needs rest, take a sick day and recharge. Some will find this quarantine period as an opportunity to take on a new extreme fitness challenge but do not feel pressured to push yourself beyond your limits.
To remain healthy, listen to your body and value your physical wellness with small steps like the above.