Pay Rate: $30
Location: Toronto ON
Job Type: Contract
You will be responsible for supporting the review and approval of residential mortgage and real estate applications. As an Underwriting Analyst, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that applications are processed in a timely and effective manner, following established guidelines and authorized lending limits.
- Evaluate residential mortgage and real estate applications by meticulously reviewing documentation and information provided, ensuring alignment with CIBC risk parameters and applicable insurers' guidelines.
- Utilize negotiation skills to make informed decisions on applications, including approval, recommendation, or decline, adhering to established processes and authorized lending limits.
- Conduct thorough risk assessments and prepare comprehensive recommendations for Manager or senior underwriter consideration when dealing with residential mortgage applications that surpass the established authority limit.
- Manage correspondence and inquiries from internal business partners and external stakeholders such as insurers, appraisers, and solicitors. Cultivate effective working relationships to facilitate the underwriting process.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills in gathering, reviewing, and assessing credit information. Ensure that all credit applications meet quality standards and comply with established guidelines.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, managing high work volumes and meeting short timelines. Demonstrate adaptability by reviewing a variety of lending products on a daily basis while maintaining a high level of due diligence and quality in underwriting processes.
- 2-4 Years Retail mortgage underwriting experience. Mostly residential Mortgages.
- Experience in reviewing and evaluating documents (income, down-payment, offers, etc.)
- Experience in exceptions rational (*they will be making exceptions themselves)
- Good Understanding of risk mitigation
Nice to Have:
- Any broker or underwriting course experience
- Outlook and Excel skills
- A university Degree
- Familiarity with Canadian Rules and Regulation.