Our client, a Top 5 Bank in Canada is looking to hire a Tax Specialist to their team for an initial 12 month contract. This role is currently hybrid in Toronto.
The Tax Specialist will be responsible for the effective and timely completion and filing of all requisite tax returns for complex Estate and Trust accounts. The Tax Specialist fulfills a variety of income tax compliance, planning and administrative functions.
- Obtain information (from clients, internal and external sources) required to prepare and file income tax returns. Performs calculations, completes required schedules and organizes the information for complex returns.
- Accurately prepares, personal, Estate and trust income tax returns and schedules. Identifies post-mortem and other tax planning opportunities. Acts as a technical tax resource to the ETA Team
- Review assessment notices and prepares adjustment requests, objection notices and Clearance Certificate requests for filing. Corresponds with the CRA to ensure any requests for information are provided.
- Maintain service standards for quality, responsiveness and timeliness.
- Liaise with Trust staff, outside tax professionals, and clients to ensure that: income tax filing requirements for more complex returns are met on a timely basis; taxation issues are explained and resolved; and, tax strategies are implemented effectively.
- Participate in Special Projects as assigned.
- Ability to manage and train junior staff
- Review complex tax returns such as GRE's and terminal T1 returns, rights or things
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects with limited supervision
Must Have Requirement:
- 2+ years of experience in an Accounting or tax related role.
- Familiar with graduated rate estates
- Post-secondary degree in accounting or equivalent
- Experience or knowledge of preparation of T1, T1 terminal (final), T3 trusts and estate returns
- Tax prep software experience
If you have the skills required to be successful in this role and you would like to learn more, please send your updated resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.