Our client, a Top 5 Bank in Canada is looking to hire a QA Lead/SME to their team for an initial 24 month contract. This role is currently hybrid in Toronto.
- With a focus on Defect & Release Management within a major program delivery team, providing oversight to tactical delivery of testing and issue resolution across several complex interdependent engineering teams.
- Operating within the Program Test Team, liaise with Supplier Development & Test Leaders to clarify delivery scope, roadmap, and on-going test status, and track all related activities to provide week to week Program oversight of defects and path to resolution within an overall Agile model.
- Collaborate with all Build/Test teams through Release & Test cycles across multiple work streams and roadmaps that come together in the integrated service platform, and own dashboard representation of the program status through a test lens.
- Actively participate in Test Cycle definition & execution, resultant defect tracking and reporting, resolution and required release/fix oversight to remediate issues.
- Evaluate and report defect risk, understanding how technology changes can impact the Program Platform roadmap, sometimes being prime on mitigation to secure the overall ecosystem schedule.
- Contribute to Program Test delivery governance through quality gating, enabling and advocating acceptance consideration for release quality.
- 10+ years of QA experience.
- Quality Engineering Subject Matter expert, with experience in the Software Development Lifecycle in an agile setting, and/or large program implementation where formal Functional, end-to-end Integration and User Testing is key to final acceptance.
- Operated as a QA Manager at a senior level, hands-on, overseeing complete delivery lifecycle of Quality outcomes, executing strategy through test planning, preparation, delivery, and reporting.
- Experienced in Release Management as part of complex program delivery plan and associated defect issue resolution.
- Ability to operate without direct reports while depending on multiple delivery teams to execute while providing oversight at the program level.
- Former banking / FI experience. (Nice to Have)
- Understand how to produce useful and meaningful dashboards. (NTH)
- Previous experience being involved in a transformational, and/or regulated and disciplined environment. (NTH)
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to email@example.com.