Pay Rate: $70
Location: Calgary AB
Job Type: Contract
As a Senior Financial Analyst your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide finance and accounting services (including accruals, allocations, inter-company transactions, preparation and analysis of business unit financial statements, reconciliation of accounts etc.)
- Prepare and post required month-end journal entries with adequate clear support for approval by the Finance Manager.
- Support performance reporting and planning cycles including actuals, forecasts, budgets, and long-term plans and plan submittals while ensuring the timeliness, integrity and accuracy of data inputs.
- Maintain and develop tools and models for refinery performance consistent with guidance from central finance teams
- Heavy focus on Operating Expenses and AFE's for Capital and Expense Projects
- Support procure to pay cycle through error handling, approval tracking, project/work order close-out, invoice payments and vendor relations and performance
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a specialization in Business, Finance, Economics, or Engineering preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of financial analysis experience; Finance background.
- Strong analytical, financial control, reporting skills; Able to interpret and communicate financial information with clarity.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, SAP, Power BI
- Refinery or manufacturing experience considered an asset.
- Good understanding of how Finance processes and systems operate.
- Travel - 5-10% of role. Small amount of travel could be required for training and best practice sharing between other US Manufacturing sites.