Salary Mid-Point: $85,000
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops and manages all accounting staff and budgets, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and general accounting areas.
- Designs practices, processes, and procedures for strong fiscal management.
- Maintains an accounting system to accomplish the proper recording and reporting of all transactions.
- Maintains records, and prepares various internal and external reports, including reports for various federal and state requirements to include preparation of the 990 tax return.
- Prepares financial statements required by management, the board, and outside relationships.
- Manage fixed assets list and depreciation calculation.
- Facilitates key functions such as annual independent audit, conducts special internal audits, accounting studies, analyses and cost studies as required.
- Supervises or prepares reconciliations of all bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates and supervises operating cash flow management.
Requirements of the Controller
- Minimum of a four-year college degree in accounting, finance or business
- CPA or CMA highly desirable
- 6+ years professional experience in a supervisory role
- Ability to implement and maintain an internal control environment
- Requires a strong work ethic, the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and strong reconciliation and analytical skills
- Be an intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively including written and oral presentations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Leadership, peers and subordinates
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please contact your IFG Partner or Chris O'Conner at 412-539-1434 x230 for additional details and confidential consideration. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com
IFG Pittsburgh is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.