Salary Mid-Point: $120,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Supervisor: Audit Director
Employment: Full-time with benefits (hybrid, 3 days in office)
Global Company: Headquartered in Chicago
Company Location: Downtown Chicago Loop
Industry: Financial Services / Insurance
Salary Target: Market
Work Experience: 5 - 8 years
About Internal Audit
The Global Internal Audit Division supports Company's corporate strategy of becoming a top quartile underwriting company by enhancing and protecting organizational value through risk-based and objective assurance and advisory engagements. We are analysts, problem-solvers, reporters, explorers as well as trusted advisors and catalysts. We strive to maintain an agile and responsive audit program that focuses on our company's highest risks and builds trust with all of our stakeholders. We invest in our people, are strengthened by diversity and are committed to inclusion. As the third line of defense, the scope of our work spans across all types of risk: financial, compliance, reputational and operational.
We are searching for an Experienced IT Senior Auditor to join our team who thrives in a collaborative environment and shares our commitment to providing valuable risk management, governance and control insights to our business partners. The role will interact with leaders throughout the Company including Information Technology, Information Security and other lines of business and may lead special projects, including enhancement of the Internal Audit data and analytics program. Responsibilities include determining initial internal audit scope, performing audit procedures and preparing communications reflecting the results of the work performed for review by management and the Audit Committee. This role will also mentor, coach and direct the work of junior members of the team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively engaged in audit projects involving functions, product areas, or locations, which may encompass complex financial, compliance and operational processes. Acts as a resource for less experienced staff.
- Monitors business unit efforts to resolve identified control issues and assesses the effectiveness of remediation efforts through follow-up reviews.?Candidly discusses open control issues with management and escalates unresolved exposures to senior management as needed.
- Participates in the effective execution of all phases of audits. Contributes to the creation of audit scope through an assessment of risks, evaluating the design of existing controls, developing and executing test programs to assess adherence with established controls and documenting test results.
- Reviews the thoroughness of work papers and updates team and management on progress.
- Structures?and writes major sections of audit reports and other outputs intended for customers.? Participates in discussions and presents audit results with management responsible for the audited area.
- Primarily?responsible for being aware and proactive regarding?developments,?trends and challenges within assigned business units / functions and within the insurance industry.
- Models the appropriate use of 'partner/challenger' relationship with audited entities - know when to pivot and when to persist.
- Perform control testing in conjunction with our external auditors in support of the annual financial statement audit and other assurance engagements.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Strong knowledge of internal audit principles, practices and procedures or specialized technical understanding of key technology activities (e.g., Change Management, Security Operations, Network Operations).
- Working knowledge of relevant technology and cybersecurity regulations (e.g., NYDFS, OSFI, HIPAA) and industry standard frameworks (e.g., SSAE 18/SOC, SOX, COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001, NIST).
- Working Knowledge of multiple technology environments (e.g., Windows, Oracle, Unix/Linux) and cloud environments (e.g., Google Cloud Platform).
- Excellent project management, organizing and planning skills.
- Ability?to achieve results by taking a proactive strategic view of business goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to effectively plan and direct multiple projects and project work teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Ability?to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people and quality of service.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with the?International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and integrated risk based auditing preferred.
- Ability to perform data analytics is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance industry, accounting principles (GAAP and STAT), regulatory compliance and related financial services fields highly desirable.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred, or equivalent.
- Advanced degree or professional designation (CISA, CPA, CIA) preferred.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience (i.e., risk based integrated internal auditing, external auditing, enterprise risk or other related area).
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.