Salary Mid-Point: $55,000
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Associate
- Entry of Accounts Payable invoices and complete bi-monthly cash disbursements for all vendor payments.
- Review purchase orders for proper coding.
- Preparation and entry of AP accruals for month/quarter/year end close.
- Assist in the entry of other journal vouchers for month/quarter/year-end close.
- Complete sales tax return and filing.
- Performs account reconciliations and analyses.
- Prepares reports and documentation for quarterly and year-end financial audits as requested.
- Adheres to controls established by SOX documentation and participates in SOX compliance activities (documentation, walkthroughs, etc.).
- Assists with A/R collections, development of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain and track incoming battery receipts for month-end invoicing and reporting.
- Maintain & administer petty cash needs.
- Serve as back-up for mail and postage distribution.
- Execute credit reference policy for prospective customers providing results to senior leadership.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and special projects as needed.
- Must possess high alacrity to take on new projects or tasks
Requirements of the Accounts Payable Associate
- Bachelor Degree preferred; not required
- 2+ years of experience with full cycle accounts payable
- Proficient with Excel and comfortable working with ERP system
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.