Our client, a major player in the Canadian energy sector is looking to hire a Senior Credit Analyst to their team for an initial 12-month contract. This role is hybrid in Calgary.
- Review and ensure daily credit exposures are within pre-approved counterparty credit limits and tenors, and manage all business segments in compliance with the Credit Policy, Standard and Procedures.
- Solid understanding of commodity trading and markets including the counterparties involved.
- Detail-oriented with knowledge of ETRM systems and trade data structure.
- A primary subject matter expert and enabler at the working level available to liaison with the business on new counterparty requests, credit requirements and deal structures.
- Perform ongoing credit intelligence and interpret internal and external market and business challenges and recommend best practice to manage counterparty and credit risk portfolio.
- Complete complex credit reviews for recommendation and approval by the Supervisor and Senior Finance Leadership Team
- Review and provide inputs towards daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Own, monitor, and manage the quantitative credit scoring models and benchmarking for the portfolio.
- Negotiate and monitor counterparty and portfolio risk mitigation strategies and business contracts language.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience, preferably in the energy industry and/or banking
- In depth knowledge of the business and commodities
- Strong financial analysis, credit, and market analytic skills
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Finance or Accounting major preferred
- CFA designation considered an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org today!