Our client, a major player in the Canadian energy sector is looking to hire a Senior Performance Data Analyst to their team for an initial 12 month contract. This role is currently hybrid in Calgary.
- Support the delivery of various transformational improvement initiatives and lead finance modernization and digital initiatives.
- Provide strong governance over the finance business processes at the individual manufacturing sites while supporting key business function stakeholders in collecting, consolidating, and reporting on key financial KPI's and performance metrics.
- Maintain networks within the broader downstream operational teams, finance teams and performance networks.
- Ensure transparent and clear understanding of financial reporting as well as simple and easy to understand reporting visualizations.
- Develop actionable data models and data wrangling processes by integrating data extraction considerations into business solutions.
- Support back-end data models in Power BI and Spotfire to ensure stability in digital analytical reporting tool.
- Support designing financial data model using SQL and DAX coding to help drive decision making and improve business performance transparency.
- Actively engage and project manage large financial modernization initiatives.
- Actively seek opportunities of deploying AI and digital analytics in various facets of financial reporting (i.e. data wrangling, data modelling, data gathering etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in Power BI, SQL and other digital analytics software
- Hands-on experience building complex Power BI reports using various data sources and data integrations
- SAP experience
- Proficiency in creation of reporting data visualization solution and experience in building technical and process documentation requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Finance, Engineering
- CPA/MBA considered an asset
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to email@example.com.