Salary Mid-Point: $75,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Financial AnalystEmployment: Full-time with benefits
Global Company: Headquartered in Chicago
Company Location: Downtown Chicago Loop (mostly remote with no set days in office)
Industry: Manufacturing and services ($10B-$12B in revenues)
Salary Target: $70,000 - $85,000 (no bonus); up to 8% 401(k) employer match
Work Experience: 0 - 2 years (target)
Interviews to begin Monday, November 27, 2023
Target experience: 0 - 2 years
- Public accounting experience preferred; global manufacturing industry experience also fine
- Both private company and public accounting preferred
- Audit / assurance background a plus
- Experience working as part of a team (versus as a sole contributor) strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team
- Emphasis on work ethic, hungry to learn and contribute (expected around 45 hours / week)
- Timeliness and quality of deliverables a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ethical and can maintain confidentiality
- Sponsorship will not be provided (candidates must be eligible to work in the US)
- Capital Expenditures (CapEx), Financial Expenditure Analysis (40%)
- Financial (management) Reporting, Consolidations, FP&A, Research (competitor) / M&A support / Ad Hoc Reporting (40%)
- Budgeting / Forecasting (20%); seasonal
Software: No specific software requirements; OneStream and/or Hyperion experience nice to have (including Smart View and Ad Hoc reporting)
Excel: Important to know pivot tables, lookups, logic formulas (VBA a plus but not required)
Education: Bachelors degree from a well-recognized university or college
Certifications: CPA or CPA in process (nice to have but not required); MBA or MBA in process (nice to have but not required)
- Nice transition from public accounting as Company has more than 100 different autonomous businesses and each business treated like a client so non-stop learning and significant opportunity for professional growth and development with the benefit of working for a single global entity
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly corporate management reporting process.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and provide analysis support to business groups and corporate management.
- Analyze monthly operating results to ensure accuracy and to understand key variances.
- Review capital investment proposals, analyze post-audit evaluations of expenditures, and administer the capital investment approval workflow system.
- Prepare quarterly investing analysis report, inclusive of PP&E, leased assets, and acquisitions.
- Participate on acquisitions/divestitures (due diligence, analysis/reporting, and overall financial integration).
- Assist with the preparation and submission of the quarterly financial package as needed.
- Prepare competitor benchmarking reporting by analyzing competitor SEC filings, reviewing press releases, and comparing to internal results/metrics.
- Assist in the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Collaborate with Group/Business Unit finance personnel on financial reporting and initiatives.
- Partner with the OneStream team to identify opportunities for improvement in the areas of data collection, reporting, metrics, and end user training.
- Assist with corporate-led projects that require that require financial data and analysis support.