Our client, a Top 5 Bank in Canada is looking to hire an IT Auditor to their team for an initial 6-month contract with a possibility of extension. This role is hybrid, 2 days a week in office in Toronto.
Typical Day in the Role:
o Completion of audit testing, discussions with management and documentation of work performed.
o Executes, plans and reports on the assigned audit projects.
o Delivers end-to-end process of the execution of the audit, and ensures the nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the objective, scope and overall opinion.
o Completes timely review of work papers, ensures internal control weaknesses are clearly documented.
o Ensures audit results are gathered, determines the root cause of the problem and the associated impact and reports accordingly.
o Review/edit reports and summarize issues. Present an overview of the audit results and findings to line management.
o Ensures audit reports are written to a consistently high standard and are finalized within established department metrics.
Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years of hands-on IT audit experience
2) CISA certification
3) Proficient in auditing IT processes general controls (ITGC), application, data, third-party, technology controls and Project audits.
4) Proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies to the performance and review of audits.
5) Working knowledge of the operations and regulatory environments of each of the audit units globally, as required for specific areas of assigned responsibility.
1) Technology Risk Management experience in the financial services industry is a significant advantage.
2) Big 4 accounting firms experience (PwC, EY, KPMG, Deloitte)
o Bachelor's degree in IT, business, accounting, related discipline, or equivalent education/experience required
o CISA required
o CRISC/CPA an asset
If you have the skills required to be successful in this role and you would like to learn more, please send your updated resume in MS Word format to Deepkamal Kaur at email@example.com.