Our client, a major energy producer in Canada is looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst to their Corporate Accounting team for an initial 12 month contract. This role is currently hybrid in Calgary.
- Month-end duties related to the Company's people costs including payroll, bonus accruals, pension and benefit costs.
- Assist in the preparation of key financial reports including quarterly and annual financial statement disclosures related to the Company's people costs.
- Complete monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Actively participate in the Company's budget and forecast activities related to People Services and Legal.
- Prepare variance analysis to budget on a monthly basis for cost center owners.
- Compile, update and analyze the company's actual and forecast information in SAP's Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) tool.
- Support overall compliance with SOX processes and controls.
- 8-10 years relevant accounting experience
- CPA Designation required
- Knowledge of IFRS and SOX controls
- Validated analytical skills and a continuous improvement approach
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills
- Experience with SAP, BPC and Business warehouse financial systems is an asset
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to email@example.com.