Pay Rate: $0
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Contract
Interim Cost Controller- (2-3 months)
- Act as primary business partner for the Plant Managers and their leadership teams.
- Ensure compliance with the system of financial and internal controls.
- Provide critical linkage between sales, operations, and shared services teams ensuring that all perspectives are comprehended and acted upon in the reporting, planning and execution cycle.
- Lead forecasting process for plants with responsibility for timely and accurate annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and current month reforecasts.
- Develop and lead financial analyses relating to growth initiatives, cost savings, pricing, profitability, acquisitions, divestitures, investments, product development, and supply chain/operations initiatives.
- Establish a regular, standardized set of insightful reporting and analytics that drive fact-based performance metrics.
- Implement key performance indicators with granular analysis of internal performance drivers and levers to employ.
- Work with Plant management and the central engineering team to develop annual Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) plans, develop compelling business and financial business cases for each initiative, ensuring projects stay within budget, and that all associated costs are accounted for properly.
- Oversee centralized accounting entries and accruals, ensuring accuracy and management visibility. This will ensure the full understanding of financial and managerial accounting practices within a manufacturing environment.
- Organize regular inventory (cycle counts and annual / semi-annual full physical inventories) for raw materials, work-in-progress, and finished goods ensuring rigorous processes and meticulous attention to detail.
- Work with plant management for the rigorous control of costs (labor, fixed overheads, raw materials and components, etc.)
- Ensure the full leverage of all financial and consolidation systems, including assisting with system upgrades and roll-out of new system functionality with the Plants. This includes the rigorous support for transactional and master data governance.
- Partner with the business on quote/bid preparation, analyze customer and product profitability, and assist with customer presentations to drive sales.
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams implementing strategies for key product lines.
- Ability to build rapport, glean insights from, and influence project/product management and platform directors in order to deliver results.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or other applicable Masters-level degree preferred
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility within a manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change across multiple functions.
- Value streams, operations, & cost accounting knowledge/experience required.
- Consolidated reporting systems a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.