Salary Mid-Point: $135,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Client is in the office 3-4 days a week. Comp is $120K - $150K base plus 10% bonus.
- Serve as the primary business partner for the Plant Managers and their leadership teams.
- Increase analytics, accuracy, standardization and ensure financial statements are in accordance to US GAAP. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the system of financial and internal controls.
- This position provides critical linkage between sales, operations, and shared services teams ensuring that all perspectives are comprehended and acted upon in the reporting, planning and execution cycle.
- Lead the forecasting process for their plants with responsibility for timely and accurate annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and current month reforecasts.
- Develop and lead financial analyses relating to growth initiatives, cost savings, pricing, profitability, acquisitions, divestitures, investments, product development, and supply chain/operations initiatives.
- Work collaboratively to establish a regular, standardized set of insightful reporting and analytics that drive fact-based performance metrics. Implement key performance indicators with granular analysis of internal performance drivers and levers to employ.
- Work with Plant management and the central engineering team to develop annual Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) plans, develop compelling business and financial business cases for each initiative, ensuring projects stay within budget, and that all associated costs are accounted for properly.
- Oversee centralized accounting entries and accruals, ensuring accuracy and management visibility. This will ensure the full understanding of financial and managerial accounting practices within a manufacturing environment (e.g. capitalization of labor and overheads, setting of product standards and absorption accounting, capacity planning, etc.).
- Organize regular inventory (cycle counts and annual / semi-annual full physical inventories) for raw materials, work-in-progress, and finished goods ensuring rigorous processes and meticulous attention to detail.
- Work with plant management for the rigorous control of costs (labor, fixed overheads, raw materials and components, etc.)
- Ensure the full leverage of all financial and consolidation systems, including assisting with system upgrades and roll-out of new system functionality with the Plants. This includes the rigorous support for transactional and master data governance.
- Partner with the business on quote/bid preparation, analyze customer and product profitability, and assist with customer presentations to drive sales.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility within a manufacturing industry.
- Value streams, operations, & cost accounting knowledge/experience required.
- Experience with SAP and consolidated reporting systems a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.