Pay Rate: $100
Location: Calgary AB
Job Type: Contract
- Prepare, file, and pay Commodity Tax Returns, analyze returns, code and reconcile appropriate accounts, maintain records and documentation, and manage internal and external inquiries and audit requests.
- Review team-prepared tax returns and mentor team members.
- Analyze systems, records, and contracts for compliance and risk reduction.
- Review of customer tax set-up and ensure exemption documentation for fuel and sales tax is appropriately managed.
- Monitor legislative changes and communicate impacts to business units.
- Oversee customer tax set-up, ensuring proper exemption documentation.
- Assist with internal and external compliance, reporting, and audits.
- Defend commodity tax filing positions during government audits.
- Must have a Bachelors' degree in finance or accounting with Accounting designation
- 5+ years of industry experience in Canadian commodity taxes
- Advanced MS Excel including Macros, Pivot Tables, and working with large volumes of data
- Must be proficient in GST, Fuel Tax, PST, and/or Carbon tax legislation
- Oil & Gas industry experience in very nice to have
- Completion of In-Depth GST Courses Desirable