Our client, a large energy producer in Canada, is looking to add a Senior Tax Advisor to their team for an initial 1 year contract. This role is hybrid in Calgary. This role will be working primarily in planning & international function and provide various tax support to projects and compliance managed by planning team.
- Gather, organize, and prepare appropriate documentation to support tax planning initiatives
- Prepare and review financial models to various business and tax planning initiatives.
- Manage the implementation of tax plans which includes coordination with the business, tax reporting, financial reporting and other functions.
- Prepare or review Canadian FAPI, foreign affiliate surplus calculation.
- Prepare or review Canadian international information reporting (e.g., Form T106s, T1134s, T1135s, etc.)
- Assist in the resolution of CRA audits through the preparation of response to CRA queries.
- Minimum 8 years of corporate income tax work experience
- A Bachelors' degree in finance or accounting
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Corporate TaxPrep and partnership return software
- Working knowledge with SAP (running GL details, financial information, etc.)
- Completion of CPA In-Depth Tax Courses level I and II, with level III preferable
- Experience with Canadian surplus calculations and foreign affiliate rules would be an asset
- Oil and gas industry experience strongly preferred
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to email@example.com.