Our client, a major financial institution in Canada is looking to hire a Procurement Manager to their team for an initial 12-month contract. The role is currently operating on a hybrid model with the office located in Toronto. This role also has a possibility to extend or transition into a permanent role.
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Understanding of sourcing strategies. Apply analytics to identify cost and demand reduction opportunities.
- Integrate closely with the leadership team(s) of the businesses he/she supports to understand business unit goals and priorities, provide thought leadership on emerging vendor models, and align and set proactive sourcing agenda.
- Define strategy for the category and execute cost reduction actions proactively.
- Quantify savings achieved, drive efficiencies, centralize competencies and maximize the value of vendor relationships.
- Influence and develop supplier negotiation strategies in conjunction with Tower Lead.
- Lead supplier negotiations, particularly for large complex transactions, and ensure execution of developed sourcing & negotiation strategy.
- Undergraduate degree (business or finance preferred) with 5+ years of progressive business.
- Experience in finance, and/or strategic sourcing, RFP/RFx knowledge/experience
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Solid analytical skills
- Problem analyzer and decision maker - effectively searches and uses industry and market insights.
- Able to assimilate, synthesize, and present complex information in a value-added form.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com today!