Salary Mid-Point: $72,500
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
IFG Chicago's non-profit client is looking for a staff accountant to join their team. Located in Chicago on a hybrid basis. The role will be responsible for accounts payable, month-end close, grant accounting, and more.
- Verify and record invoices, stipends, honorariums, reimbursements, and matching gifts.
- Process weekly payables ensuring correct vendors and GL expense codes.
- Process and reconcile monthly credit card expenses.
- Resolve account past due and/or credit amounts.
- Reconcile accounts payable monthly.
- Verify and record grant payment authorizations.
- Process weekly grants payables ensuring correct vendors and GL expense codes.
- Process and reconcile grant financial reports.
- Reconcile grants payable accounts monthly.
- Assist with annual 990PF grant schedule preparation.
- Maintain petty cash, bank account deposits, and reconciliations.
- Assist with Microsoft GP, Bill.com, and SmartSimple reconciliations.
- Assist with journal entry review and verification.
- Maintain finance department files and documentation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by CFO.
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience in nonprofit or private foundation
- Experience with grants management software such as SmartSimple a plus.