Pay Rate: $60
Location: Calgary AB
Job Type: Contract
The main purpose of the role is to provide financial support to both the Conventional Development team. The role will focus on ensuring expenditures are properly recorded, analyzed and reported. This includes booking accruals, tracking project activities, and analyzing spending to ensure accuracy of financial results.
- Booking and analyzing monthly capital accruals.
- Review records and results for accuracy and completeness.
- Monthly cost analysis and variance analysis, including explanations of spend and variances to budget and forecast.
- Work with Business to setup and review WBS's, steward various workflows and advise use of applicable accounting treatment.
- Assist with monthly Performance Management Reporting.
- Record journal entries.
- Participate in quarterly financial statement review and provide information to the financial statement preparers for areas under your accountability.
- Work with tax and audit teams to assist with audit queries.
- Prepare quarterly accounting memos.
- Completed a university degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA designation preferred
- Knowledge of financial and accounting practices (IFRS knowledge)
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in an accounting role
- Oil and Gas experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP and flexibility to learn new systems and processes is an asset
If you have the skills required to be successful in this role and you would like to learn more, please send your updated resume in MS Word format to Deepkamal Kaur at email@example.com.