Our client, a major energy provider in Canada is looking to hire a Commercial Analyst for an initial 9 month contract. This role is hybrid in Calgary. This role will provide support to the Canadian Refined Products Commercial back-office.
- Responsible for the accounting and management of consigned sales/settlement, including analysis and JE at the account month-end for divested sites.
- Record, review, and analyze the daily/weekly/monthly transactions for the Divested Retail stations owned by the buyer across Canada.
- Deliver accuracy and insight into consigned billing, settlement with operators and the buyer, and financial records.
- Perform daily mass billing for assigned divested sites, analyze and correct errors, and generate reports.
- Prepare and record monthly SAP entries to carve out COS and Inventory transactions from the books and records.
- Responsible for clearing out GL balances for all converted sites.
- Prepare/Record accounting entries for the Rebates, Promotion, and Rewards programs related to the Divested Retail stations.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in oil & gas accounting, particularly in inventory management or marketing accounting.
- Strong hands on experience with SAP.
- Advanced Excel and other computer skills with the ability to work within multiple systems.
- Experience with ERP and ETRM systems.
- Undergraduate degree in finance and accounting or equivalent.
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.