Our client, a large energy producer in Canada is looking to hire a Financial Analyst to their team for an initial 12 month contract. This role is hybrid in Calgary.
- Booking and analyzing monthly capital accruals for accountable Oil Sands property (properties).
- Working with the business and in the accrual tool to get appropriate estimates for accruals and reviewing the data for accuracy and completeness.
- Monthly cost analysis and variance analysis, including explanations of capital spend and variances to budget and forecast.
- Work with Business to setup and review WBSs/AFEs for capital projects.
- Monthly Performance Management Reporting.
- Participate in quarterly financial statement review.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in oil and gas with financial, accounting, upstream operations knowledge.
- Completed a university degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP
- CPA designation strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in Upstream finance would be considered an asset.
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.