Pay Rate: $0
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Contract
- Lead the month end and year end closing processes, Ensure the results are accurate, materially correct and in compliance with external and internal regulations and rules. Provide monthly insight and analysis to Controller and CFO.
- Work closely with headquarters to understand and follow company policies, adhere to company safety and health guidelines; Ensure that proper and efficient procedures, processes, roles, responsibilities and backup functions are in place and regularly reviewed for effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinate and perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations including daily bank and month end reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, journal entries, cost center reviews, Coordinate capital project accounting with project managers.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the processes and procedures of the Accounting Department to enhance efficiency; Ensure structured and efficient filing of all accounting and finance relevant files / documents
- Regular update Controller on key developments and issues; escalation of all material and significant financial matters to Controller and CFO; Work closely with Controller and CFO on Strategic projects; regular reporting on project progress
- Responsible for accurately completing and submitting monthly / quarterly sales tax filings and working with tax consultants and tax authorities to address any sales tax / sales tax related issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Controller
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years. International sales / manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Previous experience leading accounting teams / performing accting functions. Very strong knowledge of ERP system functions, including knowledge of manufacturing & project accounting
- General accounting, financial close process, and F/S statement experience.