Salary Mid-Point: $120,000
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Interim CFO
- Manage and oversee all financial operations, including: payroll, accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Manage the financial requirements of all grants and contracts awarded to the organization
- Develop and maintain internal financial-management policies and procedures
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial records, including: the general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and other financial systems
- Prepare and present financial reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, including regular updates on program budgets, reserve funding, as well as financial risks and opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all financial reporting and regulatory requirements, including tax filings, audits, and other reporting requirements
- Monitor actual performance against program budgets and make ongoing budget revisions as necessary, with input from Program Managers and the Executive Director
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director to create annual goals for organizations as well as strategies to reach those goals
- Coordinate with the Human Resources to develop internal infrastructure needs and the development of job descriptions.
- Provide guidance and training for the Contro9ller, Accounting Assistant, and Payroll Manager.
Requirements of the Interim CFO
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or Business required
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ years serving in a financial leadership role within a not for profit organization
- Knowledge of grants, restricted funds and endowments
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to analyze and problem solve with little direction.
- A thought leader that can look at things through a strategic lens
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Motivated self-starting individual with demonstrated attention to detail when meeting deadlines
IFG Pittsburgh is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.