Pay Rate: $25
Location: Cranberry PA
Job Type: Contract
Responsibilities of the Payroll Tax Analyst
- Supports Payroll Tax Service Provider activity to ensure timely and accurate Payroll Tax payments and filings with the appropriate federal, state, and local agencies including but not limited to federal tax withholding, state withholding, unemployment tax, 941's, 940's, W-2's, W-3, annual state filings, and employee wage reports.
- Performs multi-frequency, including quarterly, and annual Payroll Tax reconciliations and identifies variances and corrects promptly as necessary.
- Communicates, tracks, supports Payroll Tax Service Provider to resolve tax agency issues or notices promptly.
- Performs research on new tax jurisdictions, required local taxes and initiating the jurisdiction registration with the applicable government agencies.
- Supports Payroll Operations and/or leads the systemic set up with new tax jurisdictions including managing the assignment of tax ID numbers, confirming funding process, clarifying approval process, developing, and maintaining audits, and documenting process procedures.
- Daily review and handling of Payroll department cases (as related to Payroll Tax matters) via Company's case management system.
- Reviews tax related communications, forwards to 3rd party vendor for research, tracks progress with 3rd party vendor, coordinates with internal resources to gather information, and works with 3rd party vendor to resolve Open cases and tracks cases with Payroll vendor for production issues and proactive process improvements.
Requirements of the Corporate Cost Analyst
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years performing payroll tax functions
- Experience in a high volume, multi entity, multi-state payroll shared service-based environment
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment positively and collaboratively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please contact your IFG Partner or Chris O'Conner at 412-539-1434 x230 for additional details and confidential consideration. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com
IFG-Pittsburgh is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.