Salary Mid-Point: $95,000
Location: Beaver PA
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
- Management of the daily accounting activities to include cash management, distribution of expenditures, receipts and receivables according to schedules and customer portal websites.
- Oversees accuracy of general ledger transactions created from time of order entry to cash collection.
- Prepares income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
- Audits invoices and vouchers and reviews reports to substantiate transactions prior to posting.
- Adheres to monthly and year end closing schedule to ensure timely reporting to senior management.
- Works with managers on departmental spending, budget to actual variances and participates in the annual budgeting process.
- Prepares information for the annual audit and works with banks and external auditors as needed.
- Completes sales tax reconciliation between Avalara & ERP ensure applicable and correct sales tax is invoiced to customers and files monthly sales and use tax returns for various states.
- Coordinates inventory cycle counts and physical inventory and reconciles inventory detail to the general ledger to verify accurate inventory balances.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 5+ years of management experience
- Proven success in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting functions
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), laws and regulations
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.