Our client, an energy company, is currently seeking a Payroll Manager for a 12-month contract (likely to extend to 24 months and/or convert to full time). The role is hybrid in office in Calgary.
- Manage overall payroll operations and provide hands on support to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and time for all employees (salaried, fixed rate, temporary, expatriates).
- Oversee and manage all aspects of SAP Time and Schedule including queries, configuration, and maintenance of schedules.
- Develop and maintain payroll policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, provincial, and local laws, as well as company policies.
- Conduct audits of payroll data, ensuring accuracy. Investigate data discrepancies/errors and resolve in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit payroll reports, including year-end tax forms, to government authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the maintenance of payroll software, ensuring it aligns with Canadian payroll regulations and internal policies.
- Collaborate with external auditors during payroll audits and ensure compliance with audit requirements.
- Coach, mentor, and develop payroll team members.
- Seeks opportunities to improve/enhance payroll and time processes/
- PCP or CPM certified
- Oil and gas industry experience is strongly preferred
- Experience using SAP (or another large ERP system) and working with external payroll providers like Ceridian and ADP
- Experience processing payroll in Canada, specifically in Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to Michelle Campanaro at email@example.com.