Our client, a Top 5 Bank in Canada is looking to hire a Back End Developer to their team for an initial 3-month contract. This role is primarily remote with some periodic in-office requirements.
- Develop and support front-office trading system for trade booking, execution, and derivative trade pricing.
- Conduct proof of concept for Microservices-related technologies and solutions.
- Participate in scalability, performance, security, and Microservices best practice discussions.
- Take ownership of onboarding products to the trading platform and provide efficient development estimates.
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging new applications or enhancements.
- Generate technical design specifications and update documentation in Confluence.
- Adapt to an evolving environment and collaborate with Quants and Traders.
- 10+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
- 3+ years' Unix Oracle Stored Procedure experience.
- 3+ years of experience with relational or NoSQL databases.
- Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
- Python application (Django, Flask) development experience is an asset.
- Experience Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture.
- Knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments.
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.