Salary Mid-Point: $90,000
Location: Washington PA
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst
- Create financial models and perform complex analytics.
- Research and develop assumptions based on models.
- Continuously improve accuracy by aligning key drivers and identifying variance root causes.
- Support management in executing strategic initiatives and process improvement efforts.
- Prepare variance analyses on actual versus plan.
- Prepare supporting journal entries pertaining to gross profit.
- Investigate and understand atypical transactions and the impact they have on gross profit.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Monthly & Quarterly reporting to the management team and Board of Directors.
- Support management by preparing documentation for audit requests.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analyses as requested by the Accounting and Finance leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years progressive experience in a finance and accounting role
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Strong understanding of financial analysis and financial modeling, including the appreciation for understanding of underlying data
- Strong computer skills with significant concentration in Excel, PowerPoint and experience utilizing reporting packages required; Management Reporter and Power BI reporting is a plus
- Willingness to work and learn in different areas and assume responsibility for complex accounting areas must be able to demonstrate the ability to bridge the gap between operational intent of transactions and the financial reporting outcomes/results
- Ability to work independently to find solutions to issues and willingness to train and review colleagues work for accuracy
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.