Salary Mid-Point: $82,000
Location: Bethel Park PA
Job Type: Permanent
IFG-Pittsburgh is actively recruiting for an Accounting Supervisor that oversees and provides guidance to senior and staff accountants related to accounting processes and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Supervisor
- Four years of progressively more responsible experience with a thorough knowledge of general ledger systems, business methods and GAAP accounting techniques.
- Reviews journal entries and work papers.
- Researches generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IRS tax application.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and financial statements
- Prepares information required by management and external auditors, appropriate tax returns (990s), and various other analyses and reports as required
- In-depth knowledge and experience in preparing complex accounting reports and problem resolution.
- Extensive working knowledge of computerized general ledger software packages and advanced skills in Excel, and PowerPoint.
Requirements of the Accounting Supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.