Company/Industry - Manufacturing
Seniority Level - Internal Audit Manager
Employment Type - Full Time
Location - Northern Suburbs (Remote - In Office As Needed)
IFG Chicago's Fortune 500 client in a manufacturing industry is looking for an Internal Audit Manager (mostly remote position) to be part of their highly valued Internal Audit team. This role provides really good visibility, growth, and recognition throughout the organization.
The Audit Manager will play a key role in the development and execution of a risk-based audit plan and will lead the implementation of various Internal Audit Department initiatives. The Audit Manager is responsible for supporting the Internal Audit team in the execution of a risk-based audit plan, including assurance and advisory services, development of staff, and building relationships across the organization. Additionally, the Internal Audit Manager is responsible for overseeing financial, operational, SOX 404 audits, and special projects.
- Manages and executes multiple audit projects at the corporate offices, paper mills and box plants, including scoping, planning, executing audit procedures, reviewing work papers, and effectively communicating results
- Facilitates risk assessments with management, evaluates existing processes, reviews alignment with COSO and other frameworks, and compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- Manages the oversight of large and complex projects. Identifies opportunities to improve controls and communicates effectively to appropriate stakeholders and management.
- Ensures audits are properly staffed based on established priorities and deadlines
- Continuously assesses and performs quality reviews over control documentation to ensure conformance with departmental standards
- Ensures well written communications are documented, including the audit report, memos, and other working papers that document the scope, procedures performed, findings, recommendations, corrective actions, and conclusions
- Prepares presentations and deliverables on various audit areas for Financial Webcasts or Audit Committee communications
- Communicates the progress of audits with Internal Audit management on a timely basis. Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, collaborates with Internal Audit management team to adjust audit programs to address these changes with agility
- Partners with functional business partners and the external audit team to analyze and evaluate control deficiencies, remediation plans and the impact to the financial statements
- Maintain and manage communication with the external audit team, including alignment of scope, timing, and observations
- Identifies opportunities to increase external audit team's reliance on internal audit work, improve efficiency and reduce risk
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and intuitive problem-solving approach; approaches obstacles and challenges with the solution in mind
- Understand skillsets and capabilities of team members and monitors and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating coaching notes throughout the process
- Assist with department management activities including hiring, training, coaching, and taking corrective actions to address performance issues
- Exemplifies exceptional leadership, teamwork, and agility to provide supervision, mentorship, guidance, and training for co-sourced contractors, internal staff auditors, and direct reports
- Requires excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with management by demonstrating knowledge of business environment, and provides process improvement recommendations
- Knowledge in the areas of accounting/finance, business, or systems with 5+ years of applicable experience in internal auditing and/or public accounting or equivalent
- Requires an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, or acceptable equivalent.
- CPA, CIA, CFE preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25%).
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com