Salary Mid-Point: $160,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Employment: Full-time with benefits
Global Company: Headquartered in Chicago
Company Location: Downtown Chicago Loop (mostly remote with no set days in office)
Industry: Manufacturing and services ($10B-$12B in revenues)
Target experience: No specified target for years of working experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred, other public accounting experience and/or global manufacturing industry experience also fine; combination also fine
- Prior experience working in finance transformation and change management experience strongly preferred
- "Stand up" the finance transformation process at a large and complex global manufacturing company comprised of more than 100 semi-autonomous businesses (large corporate initiative)
- Comfortable working in an unstructured environment (you will assist design and implement structure)
- Sole contributor to start (new/upgraded position); will hire direct reports targeting 6 - 12 months for first hire
- Strong technical skills required (technical leadership); sleeves-up working manager ("doer")
- Experience with Shared Services a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Highest level of ethics are expected and required
- Sponsorship will not be provided (candidates must be eligible to work in the US)
Software: No specific software required though must have worked with multiple ERP and software systems
- OneStream implemented 2022 replacing Hyperion
Certification: CPA nice to have but not required
- Company has more than 100 different autonomous businesses and each business treated like a client so non-stop learning and significant opportunity for professional growth and development with the benefit of working for a single global entity
Company is initiating a company-wide digital Finance transformation program and the Manager, Finance Transformation will play a key role in leading this program. This role will partner with corporate and business unit finance, IT, and internal/ external resources to drive enterprise-wide digital transformation within the Company Finance function. Transformation will be focused on enabling on-demand access to key insights, redesigning Finance processes, enabling self-service, and automating manual Finance activities. This position will report to Company's Director, Finance Systems.
- Knowledge of leading technology for automation and transformation opportunities including Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and other trending industry concepts.
- Strong leadership experience with proven ability to influence others.
- Customer service experience supporting internal and external customers.
- Establish strong, effective, and collaborative partnerships with key business area leaders, project managers and subject matter experts to identify specific opportunities to address business needs or problems and help build effective solutions.
- Challenge the status quo and provide specialist hands-on guidance, in addition to providing support to Executive sponsors and program managers.
- Manage all transformation projects across the lifecycle of project delivery and benefits realization. Ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget to the satisfaction of business stakeholders and end users.
- Bachelor and/or Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, IT, or a related field.
- 10+ years operations and service delivery experience in shared service or outsourcing environment. Consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Basic finance and accounting knowledge preferred.
- Proven track record of leading and strategizing digital transformation initiatives across an enterprise, including implementation of automation technologies (low-code no-code, automatic workflows, AI, RPA, chatbots, etc.) and other trending industry concepts.
- Knowledge of leading financial consolidation systems (i.e. OneStream, Oracle Financial Management)
- Experience with large-scale complex organizational change efforts.
- Strong leadership experience with proven ability to collaborate and influence others.