IFG's client is identifying professional accountants who are interested in leveraging their skills and are capable of upward mobility in the future. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
You can work from home 2-3 times a week if you prefer, and the compensation offered is consistent with the current market.
- Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information.
- Performing audits on financial data to assure its accuracy and truthfulness.
- Ensuring that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards.
- Aligning general ledger accounting practices to support budgeting and forecasting.
- Preparing financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger on a monthly basis, as well as preparing reports.
- Performing account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
- Reconciling accounts with the general ledger.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of overall accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Exceptional attention to details
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- At least 2 years' experience in General Ledger Accounting
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life, and Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match