Salary Mid-Point: $147,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
IFG's client is seeking an accounting professional to oversee the preparation of financial statements for external purposes, primarily SEC filings, to ensure that all new accounting and reporting standards are appropriately adopted and reflected in the financial statements and that new and unusual transactions are recorded in compliance with US GAAP. Manager will research and determine appropriate accounting treatment for complex transactions and policy development for the Company.
- Prepare all regulatory filings (10-Q, 10-K); ensure financial statements are accurate and complete and that all necessary footnote disclosures are included. Coordinate with subject matter experts (legal, HR, FPA, investor relations, and internal and external auditors) and include required and pertinent information in MD&A. Ensure compliance with all regulatory and US GAAP requirements.
- Periodically review filings of peers and other companies to understand competitive landscape.
- Review earnings releases to ensure consistent and reasonable investor messaging and compile all relevant financial statement attachments. Review and validate investor/analyst presentation to ensure accuracy and consistency with other public information.
- Research all new accounting and reporting policies (issued by FASB, IFRS, SEC). Determine if new pronouncements impactand document treatment and adoption of new policies. Communicate all relevant policies to senior management (Controller, CFO, FPA, IR) and external auditors including the potential impact to the organization. Coordinate timelines and necessary changes to business processes with appropriate business leads to accommodate new policies.
- Provide guidance and expertise to the organization on accounting and controllership issues. Review new and unusual transactions to ensure that they are recorded in compliance with US GAAP. Proactively provide guidance to business leads to ensure that all accounting impacts are considered in transactions. Document accounting treatment in whitepapers.
- Serve as technical resource on M&A transactions.
- Lead analysis of financial information in financial statements and internal management reports.
- Ensure proper control environment. Continually review and improve underlying process controls.
- Supervise, train and develop staff members.
- Assist on special projects.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Accounting; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years public accounting experience with SEC clients
- Management experience
- Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications; experience with Workiva and Oracle Cloud a plus.
Please submit your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org