Salary Mid-Point: $80,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
You will be reporting to the Director of Finance who is willing to train less experienced candidates! Great opportunity for hands-on training for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and eager to learn.
Manufacturing experience required. They have recently implemented a new inventory & production system but have not had enough time or the right person to follow up and get a good understanding of what the issues are so they are looking for an individual with:
Experience analyzing inventory
Cost of sales & margin
Working with the Sales Team, etc.
Primary Purpose and Function
Oversee inventory accounting, including standard costing, inventory analysis, job profitability and Cost of Sales. Reconcile inventory on a monthly basis and substantiate quantities on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly inventory reports and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Update machine hours and job costing in ProShop.
- Update standard costs in ProShop.
- Verify jobs are valued at lower of cost or market.
- Review engineering quotes and sales estimates in Paperless Parts.
- Verify actual costs are tracking to sales estimates.
- Review capital cost requests for accuracy and reconcile actual spending/savings to original requests.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for inventory, cost of sales and other accounts assigned by director of finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In depth knowledge of inventory accounting, costing, and reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Microsoft Dynamics. Experience in ProShop and QuickBooks are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with operations, sales, as well as with suppliers, shipping agents, courier companies and customers.
- Experience managing balance sheet accounts including monthly forecasting, variance analysis and account reconciliations.
- Ability to budget and report out actual performance versus the budget.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in a staff accounting or analyst position.
Please email resume to email@example.com