Salary Mid-Point: $125,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
The Controller role will prepare accurate and timely financial statements and documents. They are responsible for successful performance of balance sheets, revenues, expenses, and payroll account reconciliations, as well as executing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes. Directors of Finance provide leadership for other accounting team members by teaching them how to complete complex financial operations.
- Developing internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration and other activities.
- Coordinating and directing budgeting, procurement, investment activities and financial planning.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulator requirements and professional standards.
- Establishing and maintaining financial controls with the accounting department.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports and risk analysis.
- Creates budgets and forecasts.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Providing support to management, particularly in financial matters.
- Create reports that help senior leadership understand company financials.
- Responsible for the company general ledger.
- Assisting in the preparation and reporting of monthly financial data.
- Coordinate month-end closing responsibilities.
- Processing and preparing appropriate accounting entries and treatments.
- Actively identifying any instances or occurrence of errors and taking corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state reporting for sales tax and property tax.
- Prepares Annual Plan and other business cycle forecast.
- Works closely with management to optimize business decisions.
- Oversees bi-weekly payroll, approve cash required, ensure that tax payments are submitted properly and ensure to manage monthly and annual general ledger entries related to payroll reconcile to the payroll system.
- Identify processes and procedures that could be improved and suggest methods for areas of improvement to support company growth.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 10 years min. of experience n progressive accounting experience
- Strong understanding of accounting.
- Proven work experience in accounting or related field.
- Supply Chain and/or restaurant Industry experience preferred.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting
- Understanding of economic principles, financial markets, and banking.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Knowledge of federal regulation on taxes and reporting