Our client, a well established, diversified business with close ties to the Chinese market is looking to hire an Assistant Controller as part of their continued growth and succession plan.
The Assistant Controller with be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of several businesses that span food, logistics, real estate and manufacturing.
As the Assistant Controller you will manage 2 staff and report directly to the Controller. This role will progress quickly to a Controller role due to the current Controller's pending retirement. You must be able to deal with auditors effectively and along with sound financial accounting, be knowledgeable in corporate tax.
You can expect to travel to China at least once per year for 2 weeks and as such, being fluent in Mandarin is a necessity. Cantonese language skills in addition to Mandarin would be preferable.
Responsibilities for this role include the following;
- Financial statements and reports preparation
- Annual budget preparation
- Variance/accounting analysis
- Cash flow management
- Managing tax provisioning and compliance requirements
- Various reconciliations
- CPA designation
- 8+ years of experience in a mid-senior accounting role
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel. Proficient Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Multi-lingual - English, Mandarin with Cantonese a nice-to-have
*This role is 5 days in office.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send your updated resume in MS Word format to Scott Allen at email@example.com.
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-global.com. #FS