Our client, a major financial institution in Canada, is looking to hire a Senior Accountant for an initial 12 month contract. This role is hybrid, 2 days a week in office in Toronto.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements
- Review GL reconciliations, journal entries and quarterly schedules
- Assist with external audit requests
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Report and MD&A
- Manage corporate expenses, revenue, budgets, and expenses allocation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analysis and commentary
- Support general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process
- CPA or Accounting designation strongly preferred
- 5+ years of prior experience in public accounting is preferred
- Systems savvy, with demonstrated experience in ERP systems (SAP, Oracle preferred)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this role in more detail, please submit your resume to Spencer Young at email@example.com.