Salary Mid-Point: $170,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will serve as strategist as well as oversee all finance operations and actively manage the agency's financial position.
- Responsible for leading and overseeing the financial planning and reporting, accounting, cash flow management, job costing, deal analysis and negotiation, contract management, financing, and the compliance functions of the organization.
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure that the fiscal planning aspects associated with homeowner education, lending, government contracts, community initiatives, resource development efforts, grants and grant making, and real estate transactions are aligned with the mission and are fiscally sound and consistent with the organization's financial position and goals.
- Provide financial forecasting, analysis, and planning, as well as direction related to investments for organization and all related entities, capital development, and asset management, and key input for the agency's strategic planning.
- Must be able to analyze current operational and financial processes and practices, document them, enhance them, and seek improvement, opportunity, and leverage.
- Assess and manage financial reporting systems and structures, and develop value-added solutions and strategies.
- Manage a team including staff, direct reports Director of Finance, Manager of Accounting and Finance, Accounting Manager (AP/AR), Revenue Accountant, Grants Processor, Accountant, Loan Accountant, Reconciliation Analyst, and Grant Accountant.
- Be an integral part of the senior leadership team with direct exposure to the Board of Directors and other external stakeholders
- Must have an advanced degree in business, finance, and accounting or related field OR an undergraduate degree with a minimum of ten (10) years progressive and related management experience, such as CFO, Director of Finance, Comptroller, Chief Operating Officer, etc.
- CPA certification highly desired.
- Exhibit a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, as well as automated accounting systems (e.g., Micro Information Products (MIP), Sage, Microsoft Dynamics), be able to navigate business and collaboration applications as well as document management systems.
- Expected to illustrate evidence of being a creative and proven leader who has worked within complex financial and operational environments in the nonprofit, public and/or private sectors.
- Experience with a variety of financing models is highly desired.
- Be a skilled executive, who has managed complex financial and programmatic systems and processes.
- Be knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting principles, regulations, and laws applicable to the position's functional areas of responsibility
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org