Salary Mid-Point: $58,500
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist
- Responsible for processing accurate payroll in a timely manner.
- Initiate data imports for new hires, transfers & terminations between the timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Responsible for the assignment of roles, deductions, insurance codes, uploading leave balances, and troubleshooting problems and issues.
- Ensuring accuracy of all payroll deductions, including timely remittance of 401k and HSA contributions.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all departmental information to assure employee information is protected.
- Enters existing employee personnel data changes, including but not limited to transfers, terminations, profile data changes, HR-related compliance information, etc. accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review, calculate and reconcile staff expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Assists managers, supervisors and direct care staff in a variety of areas, including but not limited to understanding proper payroll procedures, PTO balance tracking and problem resolution.
- Four-year degree in accounting or business preferred
- Knowledge of payroll systems to include time and attendance.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.