Salary Mid-Point: $97,500
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Senior Accountant - Public Accounting
Qualified candidate will have 5-7 year's public accounting experience and possess the following skills:
- Periodic write-up work using QuickBooks including General Ledger review
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for individuals and businesses using UltraTax software.
- Thompson Reuters software experience is a plus.
- Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax returns. Experience with EFTPS and My Tax Illinois website is a plus.
- Prepare state and local sales tax returns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and consistently meet and exceed their expectations.
- Ability to research complex federal and state tax issues.
- Ability to respond to federal and state tax notices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to get to Northbrook Office daily
- CPA or EA a plus but not necessary
If you are an intellectually curious, motivated, self-starter looking to grow their career with a growing CPA firm, please contact us.
Benefits: medical insurance, life insurance, and 401K.
Compensation: 75-120K annual, plus tax season bonus
Skills: Sales tax, public accounting, written communication, MS office, QuickBooks, Payroll tax, CPA, Income Tax.