Salary Mid-Point: $85,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and controlling the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial transactions. Primary focus on month-end close, forecasting, budgeting, and management reporting.
A hybrid work schedule is available upon establishing a strong working knowledge of the position's responsibilities and tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Accounting Management with the day-to-day, monthly, quarterly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department.
- Ensure compliance with the financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare journal entries for the corporate general ledger, and generate monthly reporting, account analyses and reconciliations.
- Maintain an accurate fixed asset register, adding and removing assets as necessary and ensure agreement with the general ledger.
- Ensure accurate mapping of account numbers between ledger and consolidation systems.
- Assist in the preparation of financial closing and reporting.
- Prepare periodic financial reports on both a routine and special request basis, meeting established deadlines.
- Coordinate Finance Data Analytics reporting (Power BI) across the company.
- Research new supplier requests and add new suppliers to systems as required.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to assist management.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Tech savvy. Ability to navigate multiple ERP systems and embrace conversions to new systems. The company will be implementing a new ERP in 2023.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; emphasis on advanced Excel functions (vlookups & pivot tables).
- Working knowledge of data analytics and key performance indicators.
- Team player who fosters a collaborative environment within the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Responsible, motivated, and reliable with exceptional work ethic.
- Experience in a manufacturing process environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- 2-4 years of experience in financial reporting and cost accounting; manufacturing environment preferred.
- Tech savvy. Ability to navigate multiple ERP systems and embrace conversions to new systems.
- Working experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power BI a plus.
- Strong technical skills in both general and cost accounting.
- International travel to Mexico required (5-10%).
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org