Salary Mid-Point: $70,000
Location: New Castle PA
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Manage outgoing bills and invoices on behalf of the company. These bills might include utility payments, product or inventory invoices, employee expense accounts and reimbursements.
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures.
- Ensuring payments for company credit cards are made on time.
- Responding to vendor invoices and inquiries.
- Coordinating payments to vendors with manager and CFO;
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring that all payments are sent on time.
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Manage customer invoicing and incoming payments on behalf of the company.
- Preparing and mailing invoices and credit memos to customers.
- Maintain accurate customer contact records.
- Posting payments to customer accounts.
- Organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid.
- Tracking cash deposits with bank posting.
- Preparing reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles.
- Reconciling cash receipts and deposits.
- Analyzing financial records for accuracy.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a closely related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting department
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, as position requires communication with customers and vendors
- Strong information technology skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe)
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.