Employee stock purchase plan
Work from home 2 days a week (with additional flexibility if needed) Position Purpose:
IFG's client has a staff accountant opening. This role will have the opportunity to develop strong business partnerships across finance and throughout the company as well as to challenge the status quo with current processes. This individual will also participate in the company's transformation as it utilizes its new general ledger, SAP S/4HANA.
Key Job Activities include but are not limited to:
- Support month-end close by:
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Analyzing financial statement components specific to areas of responsibility and investigating discrepancies and variances in results
- Preparing accurate financial information supported by GAAP and in accordance with the company's accounting policies specifically pertaining to information provided by the entity (IPE)
- Execute internal controls, prepare of control documentation, and create deliverables for review and submission to both external auditors and internal auditors.
- Identify, document, and implement improvements in processes with an emphasis on streamlining for efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain all account reconciliations assigned. Tracks the status of open reconciling items and follow up in an engaging and collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement making sure they are resolved in the time prescribed by the company policy. Ensure reconciling items are identified and resolved timely
- Utilize tools, processes, systems, and initiatives of Accounting Team to enhance current accounting processes and drive best practices.
- Prepare and communicate monthly ad-hoc reports, graphics, schedules and statistical reports.
- 0-3 years' experience within Accounting / Finance roles including roles in public accounting experience or large corporations
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of GAAP, audit processes (internal / external), month-end close processes, general ledger accounts, and financial statement analysis
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
- Prior experience executing internal controls and documenting processes and support activities
- SAP or other ERP experience
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel to sort large amounts of data
- Excellent attention to detail
- CPA is preferred