We are actively recruiting a Payroll Supervisor responsible for supervising and coordinating the workload of the payroll department. This position will process semi-monthly, monthly, and/or special payrolls, create, update, and maintain load files for payroll processing, and making payroll tax deposits.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Supervisor
- Review and/or process semi-monthly and monthly payrolls, manual checks, and/or bonuses.
- Supervises all aspects of the Payroll Department ensuring productivity and accuracy of the work completed by the Payroll Coordinator.
- Coordinate efforts between Finance and Human Resources to accumulate payroll changes/updates, share information, produce supporting documentation and address issues that arise throughout the process.
- Responsible for all federal, state, and local withholding tax deposits.
- Work with external auditors to compile information to support quarterly and annual tax filings. Reconcile payroll tax withholdings.
- Process payroll related changes and/or corrections in accordance with specified deadlines.
- Verify, reconcile and confirm the accuracy of the payroll distribution and payroll related changes after transmission but before the actual payroll date.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Prepare and/or review special purposes reports for respective department managers, as requested.
- Respond to payroll related inquiries, both an internal and external, on a timely and professional basis.
Requirements of the Payroll Supervisor
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPP.
- Five (5+) or more years of professional accounting experience with a primary focus in payroll processing
- Three (3+) or more years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of payroll taxes and related filings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Highest degree of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret tax publications.
- Ability to delegate.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.