IFG is actively recruiting an Inventory Accountant responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly reporting on the company's inventory. The position will be looked upon as the expert relative to inventory transactions and cost of goods sold. The position will also be involved with the budgeting and forecasting process in addition to budget to actual analysis to all items inventory related. This position will be looked upon for a promotion into a leading the inventory accounting team.
Responsibilities of the Inventory Accountant
- Responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly accuracy of the inventory.
- Involved in the actual, budget and forecasting processes and is expected to be the subject matter expert related to inventory and cost of goods sold for the company
- Responsible for reconciling inventory to general ledger and identification of obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for setting up standard costs and maintaining the item master
- Responsible for reconciling perpetual inventory to general ledger.
- Review actual variances to budget and prior year as needed
- Create monthly waste and material efficiency analysis
- Complete in transit inventory analysis
Requirements of the Inventory Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA a plus
- 5+ years inventory/cost accounting experience in manufacturing or consumer products company
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please connect with your IFG Partner, or call us at 412-539-1434 x232 for more details and confidential consideration. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of "just-in-time", short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.