Company: Global services company
Job Title: Manager, Due Diligence (Hybrid)
Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) - Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago with free company shuttle (or walk less than 1 mile) to corporate headquarters.
- Private company gym onsite
- Starbucks onsite
- Subsidized corporate cafeteria
Industry: Service Industry
Additional insight from meetings with hiring manager and separately with HR manager:
Qualifications and Technical Highlights:
- 4 - 8 years of relevant and progressive work experience
- Buy side due diligence experience required
- Transaction advisory experience strongly preferred
- Public accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Executive presence (Board-level communication and presentation skills)
The Manager, Due Diligence is responsible for assisting with all phases of an M&A deal cycle from preliminary analysis of a target company and management meetings to post-closing purchase accounting. The role will report to the Senior Manager, Due Diligence and work closely with Business Unit VPs / GMs and Corporate Development to ensure that business and financial risks and opportunities are identified during the financial due diligence process. The role aligns with Company's acquisition strategy to grow into new markets and industries.
At Company, organic and inorganic growth via acquisitions is core to our competitive strategy. Since 2010, we have successfully deployed more than $1.2 billion to acquire and integrate 49 companies, including 3 acquisitions since the beginning of 2021. We are actively recruiting to expand our M&A team to support current and future M&A activity.
- Performs financial and accounting due diligence on target companies for merger and acquisition deals supporting the Senior Manager, Due Diligence, Customer Operating (business) Units and Corporate Development
- Builds stand-alone financial models (e.g. databooks) related to target company financials and adjusted operating results (e.g. Quality of Earnings, adjusted income statement)
- Provides COUs and Corporate Development insight into business drivers, strategies, financial performance and trends, cash flow, and working capital requirements of target company
- Builds strong relationships with the management teams of target companies to facilitate a successful transaction and knowledge transfer to Company accounting teams as part of the subsequent integration
- Provides COU Finance and Corporate Development insight into the impact of diligence findings on the valuation model
- Collaborates with Corporate FP&A and COU Finance leads to evaluate the impact of the acquisition on key financial long-range plan metrics
- Supports the Senior Manager, Due Diligence, COU Finance and Corporate Development to assist with negotiating purchase agreement terms with the target company
- Supports and verifies purchase agreement calculations for closing agreements (e.g. indebtedness / net debt, net working capital, final/estimated closing statements)
- Assists with purchase accounting for completed transactions including valuation of intangible assets and goodwill
- Assists in the year-end financial statement preparation and audit processes, as needed
Requirements and preferences
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- At least 6 years directly related experience, including:
- Minimum of 3 years public accounting experience (pref with Big 4 accounting firm); or Transaction Services with deal experience in various industries (due diligence)
- US Certified Public Accountant a plus
- Deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and the application to M&A transactions and business combinations
- Demonstrated ability to build financial models in Excel from base level trial balances and various other source documents (e.g. revenue detail extracts)
- Experience in software and professional services a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary to interview target management, interpret and document responses and present feedback to acquisition team members
- Detail oriented and ability to analyze high volumes of data efficiently, identify risks and summarize key findings in an easy to interpret manner
- Self-motivated individual that can adapt to changing environments
- Experience communicating business drivers and financial results / forecasts with executives, (including CFO and Controller) is a plus
Company has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.