Company: Global services company
Job Title: Manager, Revenue Accounting (Hybrid)
Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) - Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago with free company shuttle (or walk less than 1 mile) to corporate headquarters.
- Private company gym onsite
- Starbucks onsite
- Subsidized corporate cafeteria
Industry: Service Industry
Additional insight from meetings with hiring manager and separately with HR manager:
Qualifications and Technical Highlights:
- 4 - 8 years of relevant and progressive work experience
- Public accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Executive presence (Board-level communication and presentation skills)
The Revenue Accounting Manager reports to the Global Accounting Director and will perform more complex general accounting work in Revenue Recognition areas.
- Plan, conduct, and may oversee complex assignments in periodic Revenue Recognition testing under ASC 606 Revenue Recognition Standard
- Review current revenue recognition procedures and implement process improvements
- Assist in the design, execution and evaluation of revenue recognition controls and interface with both internal and external auditors
- Collaborate with functions across the Company to work on process changes to mitigate revenue recognition risks and enhance internal controls. This includes partnering with Sales and Division Finance where needed and ensuring the Revenue Accounting implications are understood and communicated
- Communicate with management regarding complex issues of Revenue Recognition. Explain and interpret policies, and recommend solutions to a variety of issues
- Helps develop new or revised policies, procedures, and programs by performing analysis and presenting recommendations
- Stay up to date with current trends and practices of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- May provide work direction to assigned lower level personnel and support the review and evaluation of assigned personnel
- Perform other responsibilities
Requirements and preferences:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- 6+ years of directly related accounting experience
- Detailed knowledge of accounting theories and practices to include ASC 606
- CPA and public accounting experience
- Experience identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Company has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org.