Company/Industry - Manufacturing
Seniority Level – Audit Supervisor
Employment Type - Full Time
Location - Northern Suburbs (Remote – In Office As Needed)
IFG's Fortune 500 client in a manufacturing industry is looking for an Audit Supervisor to be part of their highly valued Internal Audit team. This role provides really good visibility, growth, and recognition throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will oversee planning, execution, and reporting phases of multiple financial, SOX, operational and integrated audits.
The Audit Supervisor will assist the team in the execution of a risk-based audit plan and will lead the implementation of various Internal Audit Department initiatives. The Audit Supervisor will manage Staff and Senior Auditors, as well as the co-source resources, and provide training and coaching.
- Responsible for project management for all aspects of audits
- Collaborate with team on financial, operational, compliance, and integrated audits for all the business entities
- Responsible for oversight of multiple audits including timely execution and documentation on financial, operational, compliance, and integrated audits at the corporate offices & other business units
- Assists and trains auditors in performing risk assessments, development of test steps designed to evaluate effectiveness of controls, execution of those test steps and the documentation of the related automated workpapers to support conclusions reached
- Reviews testing documentation of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and provides timely coaching to staff to ensure continuous improvement over the quality of workpapers
- Ensures well organized and complete audit evidence and documentation in a manner consistent with Audit methodology and to support conclusions reached
- Ensures audits are properly staffed based on established priorities and deadlines
- Reviews and/or prepares well written communications, including the audit report, memos, and other working papers that document the scope, procedures performed, findings, recommendations, corrective actions, and conclusions
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders
- Partners with functional business partners and the external audit team to analyze and evaluate control deficiencies, remediation plans and the impact to the financial statements
- Exemplifies exceptional leadership, teamwork, and agility to provide supervision, guidance, and training for co-sourced contractors, internal staff auditors, and direct reports
- Leads execution of several department’s initiatives and assist with department management activities including hiring, training, and coaching
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with management by demonstrating knowledge of business environment, and provides process improvement recommendations
- Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy in all stakeholder interactions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This position may require travel to various company locations within the United States, 20-25% annually
- Knowledge in the areas of accounting/finance, business, or systems with 4-7 years of applicable experience in internal auditing and/or public accounting or equivalent
- Requires an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, or acceptable equivalent.
- CPA, CIA, CFE preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel (the overall average for the year is around 25%, with the bulk being during busy season, May-October).
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com