Our client specializing in manufacturing industry is need for a Credit & Collections Manager who can lead and direct organization's US credit and collections staff. The ideal candidate will establish and maintain the organization's credit and collections policies and procedures updating as needed while maximizing cash collections and limiting the risk of financial loss. They will act as a partner to sales team keeping them informed of key developments in their customers payment behavior, overall customer financial health and all other relevant information deemed as critical to the relationship.
- Continuous monitoring of lines of credit for existing accounts adjusting them based on the review of all pertinent payment history and publicly available information.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and review highest risk accounts with Controller including recommendations for resolution.
- Review new customer inquiries by analyzing payment history, utilizing publicly available information as needed and requesting additional information from customers as necessary. Utilizing information gathered, determine credit limit amounts, and communicate all pertinent information to customers, management, and other team members as necessary.
- Review and apply credits and adjustments to customer accounts within Company policy limits.
- Provide leadership and performance oversight of the credit and collections team in the completion of all daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities.
- Manage on-balance and off-balance factoring proceeds, selling ARs to the Factoring company
- Manage all factoring related actives (relationship with the factoring, insurance applications, reporting etc.)
- Identify problem accounts and provide regular updates to and partner with sales and management to reach resolution.
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors.
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate.
- Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records. Responsible for quarterly bad debt accrual calculation with required data as support.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on collections, factoring usage, credit quality etc
- Participate in annual and ad-hoc audits as necessary
- Motivate, coach, and develop direct reports creating a continuous learning environment.
- Serve as primary backup for all activities accomplished by the Accounts Receivable and Credit and Collections Coordinators.
- Act as primary Finance contact with customers while maintaining excellent customer service and building strong business partnerships.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring compliance with sales tax exempt status through Avalara Tax and CertCapture.
- College degree preferred; some college or continuing education required
- 6+ years experience in credit and collections with knowledge of accounting related processes required
- 3+ years of previous leadership experience or a proven track record of leadership related responsibility
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain the necessary composure in dealing with difficult situations
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has the ability to develop strong relationships, utilizing negotiating and problem-solving skills to effectively manage customer accounts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Experience working with a mid-tier integrated ERP system, experience in back-end functionality preferred.
- Proven ability to work well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, team environment.
- Proven ability to develop and implement process improvements.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, and sound judgment in analyzing and resolving issues.
- Possesses excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- High energy, positive, collaborative, approachable work style, and ability to see all tasks through to completion with a very high level of customer satisfaction.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org